Friday 13 April 2012

Make your own TRX for $18 and no effort

Scum Floats

I went to Home Depot today. I bought two tie-down straps for eight bucks each. They had FOUR ratcheting tie down straps available for fifteen bucks. The only reason I didn't buy them is that the spring buckles on the ones I bought are are super mega easy to adjust.
Eight dollars a piece, 400lb rating per strap.

I took them home, took them out of their package, and less than five minutes later: TRX.

I've used this set up for dips, so good so far, I hung all of my bodyweight on one strap and bounced. They're solid. Also fully adjustable. While I was there, I found a ceiling mount that supports three hundred pounds. It was six bucks. I didn't buy it because I was planning to use these straps on the chin up bar pictured. So for $24 you could have your very own TRX from off the shelf hardware and zero modifications. Did I mention that the TRX doesn't even come with a ceiling mount?

$35!! I found a mount at Home Hardware for $6!! 300lbs not enough? Buy two!!

I DIDN'T EVEN TRY, I JUST DID THE EASIEST THING POSSIBLE. If you sewed something or bought strapping and buckles from a supplier that sells that kind of thing, you could do this even cheaper and better than I did and what I did was SO CHEAP AND EASY that I am still in disbelief. As for the TRX workout DVDs, go on you tube: there are shit tons of how to videos on there, you could be TRXing your brains out in no time.

But wait there's more.

Rope, people. You could use rope. Or an extension cord, OR ANYTHING. But why? This is a really shitty workout idea, the best things you can do with it are dips and ab rollouts. Good exercises. But lets face it: that is incredibly far from a productive workout. You don't need this at all. How many of you can do five one arm push ups? Or five one leg squats? Hello!? McFly!? Anybody home!? Got a rock? Got a body? Got some floor? Yes, of course you do! The problem is that most of you don't have any goddamn brains. I should be a bit more generous: you are here reading this so I guess there is hope for you after all. Stay posted, I'm going to make a bench.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This had better be good.