Tuesday 26 June 2012

Animals

Domestication


I live in a neighborhood of fairly "successful" people. When I look at their faces I see twisted, frozen masks o f fear and anxiety. They are afraid. They insulate themselves with nice lawns and "well maintained frontages" because they don't want to signal to the rest of the herd they are living in abject fear.

I surmise the thought train goes something like this, bear in mind that this will be a mix of both their conscious and subconscious processes: "I focused on doing things right, I'm schooled, I married well have the requisite number of children, a good job and yet I feel like I have nothing, my life feels empty, I fear I have wasted what I perceived to be the best years of my life and now I am locked into something I don't want but I will tread the waters of the river Styx with grim determination because it's easier than being wrong". Such fragile egos.

Pigs and wild boars are actually the same animal. The ONLY difference is that one lives in the wild and the other on a farm. If you release a pig from captivity it starts growing tusks and a woolly coat.
This...

...to this.
Anyone ever notice how we live on farms?

There was a feral human, a girl of about nine when this story happened, who lived in France in the 1700s. She wandered into a town one day and the god fearing peasants thought she was a demon of some kind and they all ran inside and wet themselves. Someone had the great idea to let their bulldog out and send it after the intruder. The "wolf girl" as she came to be called, upon noticing the aggressor moving very swiftly toward her, froze and then began, very slowly, to reach for a cudgel she kept stored in bag she wore. Frozen completely still except for the almost imperceptible raising of her cudgel, she stared directly at the dog as it came into range, then, like a mousetrap springing shut, she clubbed the dog dead in one blow between the eyes. She then jumped on top of the dog's body and leaped in the air in celebration and then bounded off back into the wood she emerged from.

In the city I live in there has, of late, been a good number of dog attacks with "victims" ranging from children to adults. We as a species should be very concerned when dogs, especially domesticated dogs, become our aggressors. I am shamed to imagine the insidious weakness that is showing through these events. Then again, I was a kid who lived with the family dog in the backyard, slept in the dog house, drank water out of the hose and even used the lawn for my "business".

Anyway, what do feral pigs and depressed suburbanites have in common other than superficial domestication? They both have latent potential that is being squandered. I mean I don't even want to eat pig when I could have wild boar. So even as food, domestication is inferior.

I do not claim to be a wild boar among pigs by any stretch of the imagination. It would be laughably arrogant of me as well as just being a lie. What I am saying is that we can all strive to regain some our ferality and much to our benefit. Our brains are mush. Our bodies are mush. We are a homogenized product of an industrial mindset.

Total weakness. What do you really care about social policy? Or taxes? Or the GDP? Or anything of that sort? So why then should you pony up the life, labour and concern for the psycho, inter-species predators that do? You deserve better, you deserve to be a real human or at least closer to it than you are. We deserve better.

Start carrying a weapon. Boars have tusks, dogs have fangs and birds have talons. 

And if a dog comes after you: fuck 'em up.